This article helps you to install WordPress in your computer/server in simplest way. WordPress requires PHP and MySQL. In case you would like to install WordPress in your computer then you must have to install open source cross-platform web server like XAMPP, WAMP, LAMP etc.
Installing WordPress is a very simple process. There are few easy steps to be followed to install WordPress. In this tutorial, we are going to see those steps.
WordPress Installation Steps
- Download the latest zip file from WordPress official website.
- Extract the zip file into htdocs folder of your PHP root directory.
- Save wp-config-sample.php as wp-config.php to configure WordPress with your own setting.
- Open PHPMyAdmin(any other database client) and database for the WordPress project.
- Run wp-admin/install.php and enter all the mandatory information and submit the form. It will redirect us to log in.