In this article, I am going to explain how to install cPanel & WHM in Amazon LightSail. I supposed you already have a AWS account. If not then create it now here:
After signup, you can use following link to access LightSail section :
Your Lightsail dashboard looks like below:
Click to Create Instance and you will get a screen like below. Here you have to select Centos7 blueprint and instance plan with at least 2 GB RAM
Once your instance is created, you can follow these steps in order to install cPanel and WHM in your instance.
1. After launching select the instance —> Networking —> Firewall —> open port 22 ,80,443,2083,2087,2086
2. Create a Static IP from Network tab of LightSail Dashboard and Attach elastic IP to your instance.
3. Start SSH into your lightsail server
4. Become root user and create password
$ sudo -i
5. Set Hostname $ hostname <Fully Qualified Domain Name> Put your domain name here
6. To update system packages, run command yum update -y
7. Run cPanel auto installer script $ cd /home && curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest && sh latest
8. Installation will take time. After successful installation visit below address on browser https://<elastic_ip>:2087
Use root as username and password that was set in the beginning.
Now you can start creating cPanel user. cPanel will be accessible via https://<elastic_ip>:2083